Can Paleoh's Be Used for Pie Crust?
Cereal was always our mission. We wanted to create a great cereal that was great in a bowl with milk (almond milk, of course). What we found was that Paleoh's were a great snack just by themselves. This made us think, where does the versatility of Paleoh's end?
Paleoh's can be crushed, by hand or in a food processor, to later be used for a pie crust. As a paleo option we recommend using coconut oil or ghee for the fat. Although if you are not following a specific diet and you're just trying to eat healthy, use butter.
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed Paleoh's
- 6 Table Spoons of Ghee or Coconut Oil (melted)
- Crush Paleoh's either in a bag or blitz in a food processor until sand consistency.
- Mix oil and crushed Paleoh's until mixed thoroughly.
- Spread into a 9inch pie pan and bake for 7-8 minutes at 375 degrees.
If you try this, send us a picture. We would love to see your creations.